Social History Workshops - Rugby Art Gallery & Museum
Social History Workshops
Magic Carpet Ride KS1
Children will be delighted, engaged and inspired by this immersive time travel experience through Rugby’s history. They will meet important historical figures including William Webb-Ellis, learn about local inventions and explore Rugby’s railway past. The Magic Carpet Ride explores crosscurricular themes through immersive storytelling, open-ended play and hands-on activities to delve into the key moments that shaped the town.
- Children will use a range of tools and materials to complete practical tasks.
- Children will experience a rich language environment.
- Children will learn about significant historical figures, compare those from different periods and learn about key events of local importance.
Workshop costs £134.30 per class for a two hour session. Maximum of 2 classes
Future Museum Curator KS1-3
In this two-hour workshop children will design and curate their own class exhibition. Using a selection of our handling objects they will complete condition reports, research the objects and write up information labels, design a promotional campaign and hold their own launch event.
- Helps with historical perspective by placing students growing knowledge into different contexts.
- Explores historical concepts such as similarity, difference and significance.
- Aids speaking with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating.
Workshop costs £116.80 per class for a two hour session. Maximum of 1 class.