Hiltons Garage was on North Street in Rugby from 1903 to the 1960s.
Originally started by George Hilton as a cycle repair shop, it expanded as the motoring public needed vehicle servicing along with petrol pumps by the roadside. This leather keyring was given to customers with the keys to their new car.
The large site, which included lock ups, service areas and a sales floor, was bought in the 1970s to make way for the new shopping centre complex.
The keyring is currently on display in the Local History Gallery as part of the Redding Around Rugby exhibition with photographs of the Hiltons site in the 1960s along with many more local scenes from the era. The publicity shots were taken by Rodney H Huntingford who ran the Redding Photographers business from the 1930s to the 1970s.
The exhibition is on until 6th April 2024.