This Christmas card features a black and white drawing of the Clock Tower and the Royal George Hotel and dates from the 1950s
It shows the Market Place before it was pedestrianised.
On the back is printed: 'One of the last views of the Royal George Hotel, the oldest licensed house in the town; at one time known as the 'Wheatsheaf', its name was later changed to 'The George and Wheatsheaf Inn'. It obtained its name the 'Royal George' from the fact that one night Princess Mary, a daughter of George III stayed there.
The building dated from the 1840s and it was demolished in the mid 1950s to make improvements to the road.
The Clock Tower was built to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria and was finished in 1889.
Inside the card is printed: 'With Christmas Greetings and Best Wishes for your Happiness in the Coming Year from Oliver and Daisy Underwood.’ Oliver Underwood was descended from Charles Wesley, the Methodist poet, and William Parnell, who brought Methodism to Rugby and founded Parnell's building company.